I was browsing through my friends updates in Facebook and I came across my friends post where he made salmon and veges.
I’ve been only learning how to cooks since 2 months ago, and before that I never liked the kitchen. Although I’ve been watching so much MasterChef back when I was still in college (10 years ago), It never really got me to a point of cooking for myself.
Now, times have changed and staying with someone made things even challenging. So, being stay-at-home for few months after quitting my previous job (and still finding for a new one) I’ve learned a great deal of household stuffs. I’m kindda’ proud of it. ^_^
I order my fresh fish online with ARABIND for almost 2 years and they deliver fresh fish right to your doorstep. So, I’ve been having fresh fish/seafood ever since!
For the Fish:
- (I did order the big one, but unfortunately the delivery guys called my mobile to update that they don’t have the bigger piece, what I do find cool with their service is that they call if there are some changes to your order)
- I don’t like the fish smell, or fish taste, I feel like I smell blood on it (see why I’m not a huge kitchen fan!.. ) so what I do is,, I usually marinate my fish with lemon for about half an hour before I start cooking because I feel that it removes (or at least decreases the fishy taste).
- salt and pepper, some rosemary, thyme and chili powder
- then I pan-seared it until a little golden brown and did the same on the other side.
- – I actually found a quick easy way to soften the sweet potatoes and I found it amazingly fast and tasty.
- – peel of the skin, puncture the sweet potatoes using the fork all over it.
- – put in the microwave for 10 mins in high heat (just remember to flip it over halfway through) and then when it’s done the potatoes should already be soft.
- – heat up 1/2 cup of lowfat milk in the pan when boiling add the sweet potatoes and mash them (I used the fork, lol)
- – salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
For the veges:
- it’s actually frozen veggies, I just heated a Tbsp. of olive oil and add in the frozen veggies and then stir once in a while until it becomes a little dry, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, sometimes I add in garlic and chilli powder and then serve.
You see, I like simple cooking. I’m lazy but I also want to learn,. just I’m very new in this cooking thing and I do find it challenging.