My partner bought me this Black and Decker Mini Chopper. I was so excited to try it because it’s one of my first kitchen tools. What better way to try it… fish cake! Especially when he came home really hungry from work so I decided to give this baby a try.
- 1 can tuna in water (I used Al alali tuna)
- 1 small size shallot
- 2 tsp thai garlic (or can use 2 cloves of garlic)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg white (removing the yolk drops the calories)
– Add them all together in the Mini chopper and blend them until its mixed enough and you’re satisfied with the consistency. Then heat the not stick pan with about 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, once the pan is hot, you can roll the mixture into patties and then fry it until it’s golden brown about 2-3 mins each side. Once done, let sit into a paper towel to drain the oil.
– Then assemble your sandwich as how you wanted it. For mine, I did regular white bread (although whole bread would have been more preferred), then lettuce, top with fish cake, cheese (I used mozzarella, I would have used goat cheese slices but I finished it the day before), another fish pattie, cucumber, and tomato. DONE!
– Add your sauce of preference, but he likes it as it is.. I just served it just like that.
It’s fun to see him really enjoy it. and next time I’ll use a healthier bread. 🙂